How do I apply?
There are two ways to apply for a project:
- Video application: Submit a one to two minute video that describes your project and tells us why you feel it’s important to you and your community.
- Written application: Submit a written paragraph (300 words max) that describes your project and tells us why you feel it’s important to you and your community.
For either option, click HERE to access the form to submit your proposal!
What should I consider?
JQY is looking for proposals that address sexual health specifically for queer and trans youth. Ideally the project will:
- Increase the sexual health knowledge of youth and staff in our community;
- Promote harmonious and respectful relationships between peers;
- Develop project management and leadership skills;
- Positively transform our community by combating LGBTQ+ phobia and promoting inclusion.
We’re looking for all kinds of projects proposals (artistic, social, scientific, sports based etc.) so feel free to think outside of the box!
Okay, I’ve submitted something. Now what?
Great! Once you’ve submitted your proposal, you should receive an e-mail confirming that we received your application. The JQY staff and our Youth Selection Committee will review the applications and will inform you of their decision within a maximum of three weeks.