JQY Outreach Worker, Action Santé Travesti(e)s et Transsexuel(le)s du Québec (ASTT(e)Q)
01. What is your biggest dream?
Singing a duet with Mariah Carey.
02. Who is the person you admire most and why?
I admire everyone who understands justice and who are ready to fight in order to preserve it. Marsha P Johnson, Miss Major, Sylvia Riviera, Betty Iglesias, Dalia Tourke, and all the trans people who fight every day to survive.
03. What object could you not do without?
04. What would you want people to know about you?
I just like to eat the bottom half of bagels.
05. What is your role in JQY?
I’m the Outreach Worker from Action Santé Travesti(e)s et Transsexuel(le)s du Québec (ASTTeQ). In the context of JQY, I do outreach with trans youth and accompany them in their projects. I contribute to the organisation of summits, workshops and I offer support to the team.
06. What motivates you the most in the JQY project?
Youth have the best ideas!
07. What do you do when you need to unwind?
I spend time with my partner and our cats. :-)
08. What is the film or book that has transformed you the most and why?
Seveneves by Neal Stephenson. What really would happen if the moon exploded!?!?!?!?!?!
09. What is the cause or value you will carry throughout your life?
The legalisation of all drugs, and the decriminalisation of HIV and sex work and the abolishment of prisons.
10. If you were to eat a single food for the rest of your life, it would be…
Cheeseburgers for sure.