It’s your friendly neighbourhood queer youth organization!
Back in March, the JQY’s spring summit was cancelled due to COVID-19. But now we are all summer ready to hold the summit as an online series and are re-inviting you to take part in the 4 week long event! Every Thursday starting on July 9th, we will be holding a workshop with themes around sexual health, queer/trans realities, and community based knowledge sharing.
Some important information;
- Registration is required and needed to get the Zoom link!
- We will be holding each workshop in both English and French.
- ASL translation will be available.
- Microphones and webcams are not required to participate.
- Most importantly, there will be prizes! Fill out a survey with your thoughts on the presentation and you might be one of 5 weekly lucky winners leaving the summit with a $50 grocery gift card (WOW, now that’s pretty cool).
Here is the schedule:
- July 9th: Asexual and Aromantic Realties — 3pm to 4:30pm EN; 17h à 18h30 FR
- July 16th: Getting Tested: How, why, when, where? — 5pm to 6:30pm EN; 19h à 20h30 FR
- July 23rd: Trans legal battles: Centre for Gender Advocacy et al. vs “Quebec” — 3pm to 4:30pm EN; 17h à 18h30 FR
- July 30th: Love and Kinship as a Form of Resilience from QTBIPOC Perspectives — 3pm to 4:30pm EN; 17h à 18h30
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/205129167450218/
Register just below!
Join us for the summit and invite your friends who will vibe with us!